Skills and Knowledge
Over the years,
I have increased my proficiency in strategic planning, project management and resource development for several not-for-profit organizations.
Overall, my career as a leader, facilitator and director has been rewarding and I continue to develop my professional skills by expanding my knowledge of adult education, technology, and familiarizing myself with systems thinking and user design principles.
- Delivered a number of workshops and training sessions to help participants achieve a common goal.
- Strong facilitation skills in an organizational setting utilizing teleconference platforms Zoom, Teams and Slack.
- Facilitated creativity workshops to deepen reflection, create joy and exploration of the self.
Mixed media art workshop
Online open studio process workshop
- Proficient in Adobe Photoshop & Premiere.
- Highly proficient with the learning management system Absorb & Google Classroom.
- Skills in using WordPress and social media tools.
- Experience in e-authoring tools.
- Experience with digital video production using Filmora and Premiere.
- Experience in MS Office products, Canva, Power BI, Planner, Salesforce and Sharepoint.
Research & Writing Skills
- Experience with writing funding proposals that raised over $1.2M over a period of five years for the Agapè Centre through awards and grants.
- Researched, wrote and co-presented a resolution that was adopted at the Canadian Federation of University Women’s annual general meeting in Saskatoon on hypersexualization: countering exploitative child girl images in the media.
- Wrote a series of articles for a local newspaper.
- Cornwall Thrives, a brief project plan to establish a community group to oversee the development of local solutions to reduce the impact of poverty in the City of Cornwall.
- 2006 – Employed by Ontario’s Ministry of Economic Development and Trade to manage the region’s Business Enterprise Centre based in Cornwall, Ontario. Developed and organized several original “ARTpreneur” conferences for local artists. For this work, I was recognized as the “2009 Non-Business Woman of the Year” with small business owners and artists.
- 2010 – Led the Agapè Centre, Cornwall’s local food bank, community kitchen and thrift store as the Executive Director. In 2013, the Agapè Centre was recognized as a “Good Food Organization” by Community Food Centres Canada.
- 2012 – Elected Vice-President of the Canadian Federation of University Women’s Cornwall chapter.
- 2015 – Graduated with distinction from the Canadian Women’s Foundation Leadership Institute for Emerging Leaders at St. Francis Xavier University.
- 2020 – I am currently the Director of Training and Quality Assurance at the Strongest Families Institute. I am leading four female senior managers and believe it is my responsibility to empower and inspire my team members to attain the mission and goals of our department and of the overall organization. As a leader, I am often enthusiastic about challenges as I can use my creativity to develop solutions. I encourage my team to cultivate new skills and not be afraid to take risks and bring ideas to the table.